In the spirit of the holidays, we wanted to take the time to talk about various lifestyle habits one can practice in order to live your best life. Now, you may be asking what that has to do with marketing… or maybe you’re just really excited to hear these awesome tips on living a happier life. And happy people work more productively, you know!
We have to tip our virtual hats to R.L. Adams for writing this amazing list.
- “Wake up early.” Waking up early sets your day in motion earlier and allows you for more productivity. We know it can be difficult to getting up earlier can be a hard task, but it will help you in the long run.
- “Gratitude.” Always stay grateful. That is the best advice anyone can ever give. When you stay in a place of gratitude, you are shifting your focus to positivity instead of negativity.
- “Smile.” Now, we don’t mean smile just for the sake of smiling. We mean find genuine reasons to enjoy the little things in life. Smile and laugh often. Shift your mental focus to one of happiness and love.
- “Eat a healthy breakfast.” You know that starting your day off with a well-balanced meals is one of the best things you can do for your health. There are tons of health benefits, including helping your concentration and productivity.
- “Exercise.” If you’ve ever seen Legally Blonde, the hit Reese Witherspoon movie, you’ll recognize this quote: “Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy!” Work out regularly in order to oxygenate your blood and release more endorphins. Your mental clarity and focus will be sharper because of it.
- “Drink water with lemon.” Not only does drinking water in general has TONS of amazing health benefits, but lemon is a natural source of vitamin c and boosts your immune system. So, drink up, friends.
- “Walk 10,000 steps.” Just do it. You’ll be better for it.
- “Vitamins and minerals.” We just aren’t getting the vitamins and nutrients we need these days. Our food is so processed that we lose out on a lot of the vital things we need. So, do yourself a favor and invest in some daily vitamins.
- “Effective time management.” This is so important and SO easy to neglect. Don’t wait til the last minute to do things. All you are doing is stressing yourself out and hurting your ability to produce productive work. Optimize your time and plan out the things you hope to achieve– both short term and long term.
- “Daily goal setting.” If you’ve been struggling lately with a lack of motivation and no forward movement in sight, it might be time for a mental shift. Set goals in order to focus on what you truly want.
- “Inspire yourself.” Learn to inspire and motivate yourself!
- “Save and invest.” Invest in your future and save in the present. If you learn to save a little now, you could set up a fun vacation or a memorable adventure. It will also ease stress to know you have some disposable income set aside.
- “Budget and track expenses.” Keep track of how you spend your money, that’s all we can say.
- “Learn something new.” Always challenge yourself to step outside of your comfort zone and learn new things. It will keep you sharp and allow for your creativity to soar.
- “Organize.” When your work and personal life is organized, you will lead a much less stressful existence. Real life clutter tends to lead to mental clutter, so do yourself a favor and organize, organize, organize.
- “Contribute to others.” Helping others helps yourself. Don’t spend so much time anxious and worried all the time. Give back to your community. Work on making the world a better place for everyone.
- “Network.” Building a trusted network of people can help you out in the long run.
- “Break through fears.” Confront your fears and learn to rise above them. Take time to move outside of your comfort zone.
- “Take action.” Don’t just talk about what you want, make it happen for yourself. Get inspired and take action.
- “Follow a plan.” Following an organized plan can really help with that action.
- “Enjoy ‘me’ time.” Taking time for yourself is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Everyone needs a little bit of alone time in order to process their thoughts and emotions. Consider taking up meditation.
- “Implement positive thinking.” You all know how much we value positive thinking. It can really turn your day around.
- “Read.” When you read, you inspire your creativity, educate yourself, and foster your imagination.
- “Get ample rest.” Getting enough rest will help you be more productive when you work. Don’t over work yourself or try to fit too many things in one day.
- “Journal your thoughts.” Writing out your thoughts can be really therapeutic. It also helps you flesh out your better ideas.
Try out these tips and watch your happiness soar. Remember to really embrace the practice and not just phone it in. When you spend time focusing on your health, you will shine.