We all know that email marketing is a great technique for reaching your audience with a personalized message. You can give your audiences what they want by segmenting out your email tests.
Because so many businesses are leveraging this tactic, it’s imperative you do things to set yourself apart. Social Media Impact came up with a great list of 6 small ways you can better your email marketing campaigns. Let’s dive in, shall we?
- “Go for organic lists” The best thing to do here is to use organic lists. Buying or borrowing email addresses will only negatively associate your brand. Half the time those emails end up in the spam folder anyway, so it’s important to only send to people who have opted in. You are dramatically increasing your chances of a response and/or a click through.
- “Segment properly” This is not a one size fits all approach. You’ve got to give people content they will be interested in. You can segment your lists based on what kind of content they signed up to receive, where they sit in the funnel, or even demographic data. The idea is to create a highly personalized experience.
- “Incorporate enticing subject lines” You’ve got to capture attention quickly. The way to do that is with your subject line! If the header doesn’t entice the reader, the email will likely end up in the trash folder. Test different types of messaging to see what people resonate with– whether that’s savings, stats, or a call to action. Just remember to always keep it concise and personalized.
- “Make use of interactive elements” Once people have made it past the subject line, it’s time to further wow them! Interactive design elements can really help with that. Videos, gifs, audio bytes, imagery, etc… it will all serve as a great conversation starter in a fun, enticing way. People love videos! Try putting video in your subject line and see how that affects your open and click through rates.
- “Opt for personalized content” Again, it always comes back to a personalized experience. There are plenty of ways you can do this. Utilize first name personalizations and geo-based deals to create a better experience. This will help deepen the connection to the brand and further scale your email campaigns.
- “Go for email testing” Testing is everything. It’s how you learn what works and what doesn’t. It’s how you find the right optimizations to better your campaigns. Try testing an email against a small group of your subscribers to measure results, optimize, and then send it out to the larger list. It will help your performance by a lot!
These are just a few simple things you can do and there are so many more! Keep learning and always move forward. Make use of quality A/B tests and make active changes in the right direction.