We’re going to keep it basic today. We wanted to strip it down and give you a good old-fashioned dose of knowledge. We talk a lot about Growth Hacking and other digital marketing techniques, but the tried and true method will always be your email list.
We’ve talked before about how to craft a great email, but now let’s focus on growing our list– especially seeing as it tends to decline roughly 22.5% each year.
Andy Pitre with Hubspot wrote a fantastic list of simple ways we can build up our email lists that we just had to share with you now. Here are our top 15 favorites from his list!
- Create remarkable email content; sounds like a blatant statement of the obvious, but this is harder and more important than you may realize.
- Encourage your current email subscribers to share and forward your emails.
- Promote an online contest; many people love to compete, especially for prizes.
- Create multiple email subscriptions types– target your audience!
- Create a new lead gen offer; think about a survey as you can use the results in an infographic.
- Create a free, online tool, or resource; don’t forget to make it mobile.
- Promote one of your lead-gen offers on Twitter; use TwitPics whenever possible.
- Use your Facebook Page to promote an offer that requires an email address submission.
- Leverage your company’s YouTube channel– include CTAs and URLs.
- When creating content for guest blogging opportunities, include a call-to-action.
- Collect email addresses at offline events; but make sure to tag them accordingly for future use.
- Host a co-marketing offer with a partner; remember that ecosystems sell better than standalone solutions.
- Link to offers that capture email signups throughout your website; compelling landing pages help.
- Use Pinterest to promote offers that require email sign-up.
- Publish links to gated offers on your LinkedIn Company Page or in appropriate and relevant LinkedIn group discussions
Of course, these are just fifteen great ideas to utilize! You can use all or some– the point is to work with what is best for YOUR company. We know that every business is different and will need to be treated as such. There is no one size fits all… but these tips will definitely help you in growing your list. Play around with what works for you and what doesn’t.
We also found this great quick tips video! Check out a couple more ways to grow your list offline!